10 Gorgeous Buildings Made Out of Books
1) Slovakian artist Matej Kren‘s installation Scanner. See more here.
2) Another work by Matej Kren, the octagonal Book Cell. [via Inhabitat]
3) Home, a self-sustained book igloo designed by Colombian artist Miler Lagos. [via My Modern Met]
4) A building made from 7,000 recycled phone books. [via Inhabitat]
5) The seven-story “Tower of Babel,” masterminded by Marta Minujin and built with 30,000 books donated by readers, libraries and more than 50 embassies. [via The Guardian]
6) Janet Cardiff and George Bures Miller built this mini house from hundreds of recycled books for Modern Art Oxford and the Fruitmarket Gallery in 2008. [via Inhabitat]
7) Argument #2, by Tom Bendtsen.
8) A perfect playhouse in the children’s room of the Iowa City Public Library. [via]
9) Another gorgeous book fort in the Trondheim library. [via]
10) We know this one is cheating, but we just couldn’t help it. How cool is the Kansas City Public Library? And this is just their parking garage! [via]